Saturday, December 6, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane...

The official word came today that Elder Lamb is being transferred out of Liberia. He will fly out Monday morning to go to Sierra Leone.

Sister Wire was kind enough to send some nice thoughts that I would like to include:

By now you have probably heard that your Elder will be on his way to Sierra Leone on Monday Morning. I was to see him today to weigh his luggage but he was so busy eating at three different members homes that I told him I'd see him tomorrow.He is to take one luggage that weighs only 40-45 pounds and then a backpack the extra luggage he will leave here and Pres will take it to Sierra Leone for him when he returns next week. So he will be there for Christmas he'll be taking our hearts with him but I know the Pres. prays about these things and I know his strength is needed there, He is really a good Missionary and the Pres. praised him greatly in our last meeting before he left. He brings HONOR to your name.

...He is a joy...some times we just need to grow and those around us aren't ready for the next level! He is more than ready. He's serious about the work and not caught up in "this will be fun" Just one mature great Man!

Elder Lamb has enjoyed his time in Liberia and I have appreciated all that the Wires have done for him. It will be sad to have him leave them, but I know he will be in good hands where ever he may go!!

No comments: