Monday, January 12, 2009

Just another day in paradise...

Hey everyone,
Well another interesting week. First my deepest sympathys to one of my best friends family. From what I heard his older brother died on Wednesday and I feel for them. But I know that they are strong and that he is with Joseph smith right now. I know that everything will be ok.
Well another sabbath day with no spirit has passed me by. sometimes I feel angry at how little respect the people have for the lord’s day. last week a man started taking photos during a mans testimony. it is sad to see how far off track we are here. well I am doing my best and gave a very nice talk in sacrament meeting about the sabbath day. I gently urged the people into coming on time and started the wave in the small pool. the branch president has caught on now and is working to make things better. I like the guy he is trying hard to make the branch better just like me.
Well my companion is my companion still so I have to love him. Really funny story. One of our sisters went on a mission on Friday. From the farewell she gave I could tell she didn’t really care. But we were informed that she was just sent back from the mtc when she failed the pregnancy test. Not only once but 3 times!! So she came back to Freetown and Sister Squires gave her another one. Aparently she failed that one too. The mother is great and loves to feed us so maybe we will lose another fm to the cruel victims of racism. The mother blames the church and the church says she can’t serve. Just another day in paradise.
Well that’s all for this week. Always remember that after this life we go to a much better place where we are doing better things and with better people. I give my sympathys to my friend and his great family.
Love
Elder Spencer Lamb

No comments: