Monday, June 8, 2009

Insects, pizzas and burgers

Hey everyone,

Well I must admit, this past while has been amazing. The lord is truly blessing me and my companion for being obedient tools in his hand. I can say it is not me and my companion but Heavenly Father that is blessing us and making things so great.

We are adding to our pool and getting a bunch ready for their first covenant (Baptism). They are all doing so amazing and I am so happy with them. Our new branch presidency has been calling some great people to get callings and they are all doing so well and working hard. We are getting referrals like crazy and finding some great people who are so smart. I am so happy and I love it here.

My companion just turned one year and is doing well. He is kinda itching to move on and work harder as a senior companion and I think he will in July. We will see. We are enjoying a lot and working so hard.

We had a sweet zone conference on Friday and learned about the book of Mormon and how to use it better. I loved it and President gave a nice instruction on sanctification. I guess you could say I am working hard in that department. Feels so good though.

We were invited to the branch presidency training where we now know what is expected of the leaders to help them make the church better. We are working with them and I am excited for this branch. We are doing so well.


Well sorry gpa lamb. But they just opened the only hamburger joint in a 6 hour drive of anywhere. You can get a hamburger and fries and even steak. Let’s just say that elder lamb’s budget doesn’t cover that kind of expenditure. But I had to try a hamburger at least once within the last year. Ha-ha!! Well I am not rejecting any donations to the hamburger fund. Ha-ha!! I am just kidding - I like letters more than burgers. hint hint!!(Sab's Restaurant = real burgers, steak, cheesecake and almost anything you can think of. Only a burger is 5 dollars and a steak is 14. Too much for me. I am broke lol.)


Well this week I was also attacked by a champion in my sleep. Yep, I was asleep and under my mosquito net. Then I woke up with a huge blister on my arm. So I asked around and found out there is an insect here that walks on you and poops acid on you. Then you get a nasty sweet acid burn on your arm. Not to bad though I guess. I hosed down our room with insect killer and I haven’t been attacked yet.

We live next to a nice couple that are in the church. They rent the house next to the church. Well it was their 26th wedding anniversary so me and Elder Albright kicked up the oven and fixed them 2 pizzas. They were so happy and excited and the smile on their faces made it all worth it. It was so nice.

Well I think that is about it for the week. Things are great and I love it here. I am so lucky to be doing the Lords work and I give all the glory to him.
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: