Monday, June 1, 2009

Kicking some butt!! (in a good way)

Hey everyone,

Well I hope that you are all doing well. As for me, things couldn’t be better. We have some great people that we are working with and we are really kicking some butt here. We are working extra hard and doing our best.

The mango season is now here and I normally eat like 3 a day. Me and my companion got more creative and made breadsticks. They were so delicious. Things are going good and I even learned how to kill a chicken. Pretty fun ha-ha. I made a video in case anyone else needs to learn. Ha-ha pretty gory.

Well we have seen the water level rise like crazy. Our shortcut has been flooded for a while and we have to pull our shoes and cross barefoot. Ha-ha well it’s not the bad and makes a nice photo opportunity.

One thing I learned about the people here that is pretty crazy. Most children and young girls have beads around their neck and waist. I figured it out finally. They say that it will make them get a nice waist and a beautiful face. Pretty crazy huh. We tried to teach our member it did nothing and she would not believe us. We asked where she saw that in any scripture. She just follows the tradition so owell. Funny stuff.

I just finished the Book of Mormon again and I am already starting it again. But I am working on the New Testament at the same time. It should help since everyone believes and knows the bible so well. And it has been a while since I have been all the way through.

I love the Book of Mormon so much though and I wish it was the only thing I had to know. But the rest of the scriptures are good also and I need to dedicate more time to them. All is well and I am doing my best. Me and my companion are getting along so well and working very hard. Our new member of the district is ok and needs to be trained on obedience a little but we are working on it. Our baptism on sat was cancelled and she needs a little more time to get ready and work out a few things. But she will make it eventually and I know all is going to be well.

Well the work is sweet and I am loving it. Thank you for the letters. I received the mail on Wednesday as president was headed to Liberia. I helped him pack all the bags on the roof of his suv and it was funny. They had a nice long drive with those elders who are going to Liberia but they made it ok and are doing well.

Things are great and keep writing. I reply to every letter I get.

Love
Elder lamb

No comments: