Monday, July 20, 2009

Lamb Cabin in Africa???

Hey everyone,

Well the computer is slow so I am typing this on word with spell check so it might end up typed correctly this week. Ha-ha the krio has spoiled my English anyways. (I guess he doesn't know I spell check these things - because he couldn't spell BEFORE he learned Krio - and it has only gotten worse - haha!!)

Well this week has been really good. I had some crazy food again but at the request of my mother no pictures again. Just a little turtle soup. Ha-ha Amy better watch out cause if she gets another one some day I might make some soup out of it. Ha-ha

Well I had a very nice baptism on Saturday and president squires himself joined us. I sent a nice picture of the family. Anthony and Abbie Smith with their daughter Florence. Florence screamed like a banshee when I baptized her mother. She thought the big white man was drowning her mother. It showed the love that she had for her mother and made it all the sweeter. They are an amazing family and doing great.

I found some old cow horns. People here don’t think horns are trophies. So I took them home and mounted them up on the house. It’s just like a lamb cabin now. President was rather jealous. Ha-ha it was really funny and gives it a touch of home now.

I developed a crazy rare tropical foot fungus that is almost impossible to find a medicine in this country to cure it. Pretty cool huh. Well sister squires looked everywhere and finally found a half decent one until the doctor in Ghana sends some in the mail. So I get to put some nice smelling cream on my feet and lower leg every morning and night. Pretty crazy huh. Don’t worry I wont die or lose my feet. Just have a few scars maybe. Ha-ha

Well I have to say a huge thank you to frank for the quick delivery. Thank you.

I also have a tip for you pouch letter senders. Take a picture and make a color copy on paper and write around it and send it. Those who have sent pictures in a little envelope know that they never arrive here so this way you can still send me some pics. Thanks for the letters I love them so much. Keep them up.

Here are your studies for this week:

Acts 10:34, 13:3, 14:23, 15:11, 17:29,
1st Thessalonians 4:3, 5:28,
2nd Thessalonians 2:2-3, 3:5, 3:13
Alma 38:8-9, 38:12, 39:8, 39:14, 39:17-19, 40 all, 41:10, 42 all, 44:3, 45:1, 46:8, 46:12, 47:36, 48:17,
I think that should be good for you this week.

I am happy and sad to say that I am revamping my obedience on mission so it will only be emails to family from now on. You are all welcome to send emails and pictures but I cannot reply anymore. Thank you for your understanding and just get on the dear elder page and send it as a letter instead. I like those better anyways.

Thanks and love Elder lamb

No comments: