Monday, April 5, 2010

Mangos and occra - YUM!!

Hey Everyone,

Well I missed conference. But only because we are too far away. I will have to wait until later to watch it on the computer or something. But I will learn some more patience I guess. I got a good summary from everyone today, but to listen just isn’t quite the same. Hopefully I get it soon.

Well the highlight of the week: I pulled the first mango off the tree and ate it. No more yet but there should be this week. It was so nice and I will miss them a lot. Right now is the season so they are all over the place. It’s my goal to eat as much as possible of them. We also want to try and make pizza today. Last night we made fried okra. Elder Hickey should of never shown me that because now I am addicted. Do they sell okra at home?

Thanks for the emails. I enjoyed reading through Franks and Glenda’s among all the rest.

Things are going well out in the bush. We had to leave the Book of Mormon class early when the members started arguing about dating. It got out of hand and I didn’t want to yell. So we walked out on the class. They were a little surprised but I was tired of the nonsense. Sunday was nice though as I taught the gospel principles. The spirit was awesome. It helped the people stay awake. If they didn’t I would throw chalk at them. No one sleeps in my class. Haha

Not a whole lot else has happened. It’s funny to recognize any holiday here. Everyone has fancy hair and shiny clothes. It was a little entertaining to watch. We used the fasting excuse to not eat a lot of rice. It worked fairly well.

Well I guess I should be off to family home evening. Another victim of the flour game is waiting. Haha

Thanks for the letters and emails and support. After today it will be too late to write so just keep it for me. Don’t worry I am still workin hard and doing my best. You should see the map I have drawn of this whole city…..almost.
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: