Monday, February 16, 2009

Christmas in February

Hey everyone,
Well this weeks lemonade is about to pay off big time on Saturday. We have 3 baptisms planned and I am super excited. We are working with 2 families and we are converting them all. We have 4 more people after this baptism who will make both families complete. I am so excited to finally have a good thing come. I also contacted the golden man. He is lost in the world of fake churches and wants to find the true church. He loved the restoration and I am so excited to keep teaching him. I know he will be baptized some day.
Well the work is getting sweet. The lemons just weren’t being used by the last elders and now they are making some sweet lemonade. My studies this week have led me to find one comforting thing about satan. Now we all know that he cannot read our thoughts he can only tempt us by our actions. But what happens when we overcome our actions or temptations and choose what is right? Luke 4:13 explains how Jesus overcame his temptations and then he left him for a season. So we come to learn when he is defeated that he runs away like a dog with his tail between his legs. It gives a nice comfort to know that for a small season you can feel the peace on joy of being obedient and resisting his temptation. But when we give in he uses our first thing as a catalyst and launches himself to new heights. He does it slowly to and the water just keeps getting hotter until we are a cooked frog.
Well just an insight I had for you this week.
One funny thing that happened this week was we were looking for a less active man who was baptized by the last elders. We went to the house and everyone said he is not there. We walked around the corner to leave. I had a small prompting to go back. I convinced my companion and as we came back around the corner he was standing there. He then ran and jumped out the back window. So we took it as he doesn’t want us to come back. So we keep playing hide and seek with these people who just got thrown in the water for no reason. It is sad but we are doing our best to teach them. they have their agency and we must also respect that. it can make a sad day to see the less actives you see not at church. But how great the joy when you get at least one back like we did this week. Iit makes all the work worth it.
The primary classes from both branches are learning the song Book of Mormon stories and they both have the first verse after only 2 weeks of me teaching them. They are so cute and love it when i give out sweets -aka candy to them. It is fun and makes church a blast for 6 hours every Sunday.
My hands started peeling for some reason and I don’t really know why. After i got a rash from some crazy plant I am allergic to the skin just started coming off this week. But when I brooked (washed) my clothes today all the dead skin just came off and now they are fine and smooth like a babys bottom. ha ha just a random thought I had.
One thing I want all of you to get is a movie called 'pioneers of Africa'. it is a great movie and explains all about how the church came to be here and in Ghana and Nigeria and things. It will help you understand my language when I come home also. ha ha
Well all is well and I encourage all of you to study your Book of Mormon it will bless your life just like it has done to mine and so many others I have shared it with.
Love
Elder
Spencer Lamb

PS - from Tracy - Elder Lamb got his 2nd 'missing" Christmas package this weekend!! Christmas Miracles do happen - even in February!!!

No comments: