Monday, February 23, 2009

Return of the Snake Killer!!

Hey everyone,
I hope that you all had a sweet week. Mine was amazing. I added 4 notches to the belt this week. Now I have to explain.
The first notch was that the snake killer elder lamb is back. Only this time the thing was FREAKIN HUGE!!! I was very afraid this time as me and my companion were watching a bunch of people next to the swamp lighting a pile of garbage on fire. Totally normal except for all the people. So we asked and found out that there was a snake in the pile. So I grabbed a bunch of big rocks as my companion grabbed a huge stick. The snake eventually came out. Now I swear on my life that this thing was at least 8 feet long. When it came out I actually hit it with a rock and stunned it while my companion then ran up and beat the life out of the thing. To bad that I had no batteries that worked in my fetchin camera!!!!! I was not happy that my trophy was unable to be shown to you but owell I have the vivid memory in my journal at least.
The other 3 notches were an amazing baptism on Saturday. It was so perfect. The water truck showed up right before the baptism to fill up the font and there was even enough water and everything. Well after that the people actually came on time and we had many people attend. A lot of our great investigators were there to learn what a real baptism is like. It was perfect and all went well.
Sunday was the same old hectic schedule for me and I finally got the primary cd so that the children don’t have to listen to me sing it they can use a cd player instead. They are so smart and learn so well. They will be great. We had some fun when I found my investigator teaching elders quorum the 116 lost pages. He did better than the normal teacher but still.
As I was studying this week I found a bunch of good random scriptures for all of you. First my favorite to use for less active people. John 6:53. We must take the sacrament to have the Holy Ghost for the week. He can’t be there if you don’t.D&C 123:15-17, we all have a small part that makes a huge difference. Everyone is important in the church. No calling is better or worse than any other and the prophet himself will receive the same glory as the rest of us faithful ones. Kinda huge to think about huh.2 kings 5. This chapter helps us to understand the importance of following the prophet no matter how we hear him or what he says to do. We just do it.Well I hope you all benefited from my studies I have shared with you. Another exciting week in the bush of Bo.
Love
Elder lamb

No comments: