Monday, May 25, 2009

An average day and homemade pizza!!

Picture: Elder Lamb and Elder Stice - they were in the MTC together. Elder Stice is now serving in Liberia
Hey everyone,
Well the work is going well this week. First things first - transfer news. I am staying and so is my companion Eder Albright. Elder Agamah is going to Freetown and Elder Onuoha is coming to us to be the district leader. Well it looks like the Lord needs me to break in another one as my companion said. Ha-ha! Well I think things will go well and Elder Rogers is coming out to sweet Bo town. It should be a lot of fun and I get to make him trunky. Ha-ha but he already is so I can only make it worse. (Elder Rogers comes home in August!!)
Well today was amazing. Me and my companion made pizza. Yup in the bush of Bo. We bought some bread dough and pineapple, cheese, bacon, sauce, and onions. We cooked it in our little shack oven and ate it. We made one for our neighbors the turays. They all loved it and wanted us to make more. But it is a little expensive. But well worth it. We are working on scones or breadsticks next. Ha-ha! Well that is the highlight of the week.
Actually I was very excited that the Belia family was baptized on Saturday and I am having another on sat. It should be very nice and I am excited for Fatmata Sheriff. She is doing very well and is dedicated very well. I love my branch and I am excited for this time here. Things could really turn around with our new branch presidency. They actually get things done!!! Who would of thought?
We had a service project on Thursday. I set it up with the chief governor of southern Sierra Leone, the head of Bo town. We even contacted him but he didn’t come to church. Oh well, we cleaned up the compound of the building and made things look pretty. It was funny.
Ok the other morning at 2 am, there was a group of people who just got up and started wailing and banging drums. The whole neighborhood was pissed and a fight broke out small. It was funny and we didn’t get much sleep. Oh well what can you do?
Oh on a sad note 2 more elders are home unexpectedly. There is gossip why, but I don’t really know. The work must go on though.
Ok so the average day of elder lamb apparently is interesting to you so here it is.
6:30 wake up
Until 7 I usually study and work out a little. Then I shower and eat corned beef and rice.
At 8 is personal study until 9
9 is companion study.
10 we head out and see usually 4 or 5 people that we teach until we return to the apartment at around 8. I don’t feel good after dark so we get in around 8.
Then we cook or study until 10:30 and go to bed. Not really to exciting but there you go. Ha-ha!!
Well thanks for the support and letters should be here on Wednesday so we will see who really loves me.
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: