Tuesday, September 1, 2009

4-Wheelin African Style

This is the snake they ran over - story in the blog - Casey is supposed to be identifying it for us
What is the hold up Casey??
River in Grafton/Freetown area
Hey everyone,
Well things are going good this week. Right now I am sitting in president squires chair using his computer to email. I hope I never have to sit in a chair like this again. The other elders are making a nice joke about it. It’s a nice chair at least. Plus there is a/c so I am enjoying.
We got to ride in the truck with elder seawright driving. Since it is rainy season there were a lot of big mud holes and stuff. It was really fun and reminded me of home when me and my dad would go out in the s-10 or jeep and just drive around. Instead this time if the truck died we would be in much bigger trouble. But we made it alive and ran over 2 huge snakes. Then we got out taking pictures of them. They are really good pictures and really big snakes. I should have sent one I think, unless my mom chickens out. But I know that my brothers and dad will absolutely love them.
We arrived safe after a nice zone conference with Elder Dickson of the 70. He is an amazing person and very normal and kind. He gave a wonderful instruction about opening your mouth and always adding more families to your teaching pool, Along with many other things that I learned from him. It was a wonderful time and I loved every minute. His wife reminded me of my Grandma Lamb and made me kind of homesick a little actually. But I am over it now and still focused, somewhat anyways. Ha-ha.
One of our member’s fathers died the other day so we went to the funeral. I will emphasize 3 letters for a funeral here. F U N. they just play music and dance and do all kinds of fun stuff. They don’t really mourn at all and just have a good time. They play loud music and dance. Then they have the body taken to the cemetery and that’s about it. It is really strange.
Well we just got done with our meeting with President Squires. Afterwards Sister Squires fixed a wonderful meal for us and I really enjoyed it. We said goodbye to the Petersons who are going home on Wednesday. They are really fun and will be missed a lot. I will miss them but its ok I will meet them next year. Ha-ha. Well we have a lot of new missionaries who are making me kind of trunky and a few just went home which makes me kind of trunky also. But it’s ok I still have my focus; Not enough focus to remember where I wrote down my scriptures for the week so sorry you won’t get any today.
Well the work is much and I am doing it greatly and cannot come down so I will see you all next week. I hope you enjoy the snake pictures.
Love Elder lamb
Sunset in Bo

No comments: