Monday, September 21, 2009

Changes are in the air...

This picture is from a Bo Zone Conference the end of August 2009 with Elder Dickson and his wife (couple on the right side). President and Sister Squires are on the left side. Elder Lamb is the TALL WHITE one in the back - hahaha!!!!
Hey everyone,
Well I am doing good and working hard as always. I am actually sitting in Freetown right now since I am here on another meeting. It was really fun - yesterday after church I got to ride in the car with my mission president and his wife. My companion and Sister Squires fell asleep so me and president talked for over an hour. We have many things in common about the great outdoors and many things like that. It was a wonderful drive and I love just being around President Squires. He is my hero.
Well today we were very busy. The Freetown zone was having their super p day and we got to join them. It was so nice to meet all the new elders and see the new faces of those who I haven’t seen in nearly a year. They are all very different and yet still kind of the same. Elder Gaxiola is very more skinny now and the mountains are finishing him. Haha the elders are usually more skinny with the exception of Elder Linde. He was a quite a bit chunkier than I remember. Haha well it was nice to see them all and we played volleyball and threw a football around and then watched the movie: The Work and the Glory. It made me kinda trunky but that’s ok I guess. Too many kissing scenes. Haha
Last week we got to go on exchanges out to Kenema. I went with Elder Kpodi and it was a nice day. We saw so many cocoa beans. The stuff they make chocolate from. There were just truckloads all over the place. Tons and tons and tons of it all over. It was a neat experience and the car ride was a little scary but I am alive still. They seat 4 on the back seat and 2 in the front passenger seat. It was tight for the 1 hour drive but owell what can you do out here.
While me and elder Kpodi were teaching a lady she asked why white people in general don’t believe in god. She then said almost all Africans believe in god. But the Americans and Chinese and others don’t. Why? I thought about it and realized that what she is saying is mostly correct. The people of Sierra Leone and Liberia are the most believing people I have ever met. They are so trusting. It is mostly from their humbling circumstances. All I could tell the lady was my testimony. It was rather interesting and fun.
Well not much else going on this week. Tomorrow morning I get on the bus to travel back out to Bo and me and Elder Yardley will be on exchanges on Friday. Then transfer news is on Saturday so we will see what that means. Elder Seawright and Elder Linde and Elder Jackson are all going home and we are getting 3 more elders. I will miss those elders and really feel this transfer since my good friend Wade Richins is now coming home also. Which means I am next in my group of friends. But I still have plenty of time and don’t worry about me.
Oh on a side note. My mom is starting to think about Christmas already. This is for all you who want to send something. All I want is a letter and money. You have to send the money to my mom and a letter to the post office. That’s it. Anything you want to send can be found now in Freetown. So just send money and a letter. That will make it easier for you and me. But there is still plenty of time until then so don’t worry too much yet. Just to let you know.
Thank you all for your prayers and support. I appreciate it. Don’t worry about me I am back up to full health and doing very well now. Most likely thanks to all of you and my dear loving Heavenly Father who is taking so good of care of me. Thank you all and may the lord lead you in the plan of happiness.
Love
Elder lamb

No comments: