Monday, October 19, 2009

Fruity Pebbles in AFRICA!!!!

Hey everyone,
Well things are going good this week. Not much really going on except a ton of work. Even this evening we are going out to Kenema to go on exchanges with Elder Kpodi and Elder Grabau from Texas. He seems to be liking his area and I am excited to see him. Those 2 can get lonely out there and only come in a few times a month. That is just part of the work though.
So I had the best week ever, for only one reason. We were just walking down the street and we saw fruity pebbles for sell!! Yeah fruity pebbles as in cereal!!! So we had to buy a bunch of boxes of course. So we have been eating them all week now and just enjoying them. Too bad we don’t have any real milk. We buy condensed milk and then mix it with water. It isn’t too bad I guess. What can you do out in the bush. I also found some Irish spring body wash. Oh the adventures out in the bush.
We starting working more with the Book of Mormon. We have tried to have the people get addicted. So we are starting most people with the story of Ammon. They love it here and we are figuring out some other ideas to just get them reading. It seems to be working so far. Right now I just got to Alma. I am trying to stay ahead of my mom and sister so I have dedicated a lot of time to it. I love the Book of Mormon with all my heart.
Here are some of my favorites from the last little while.
Mosiah 2;41, 15all, 16all, 21;16-15, 23;14, 21, 24all\
Well you have to find some of your own for yourself.
We had a wonderful zone conference this week. It was so good to hear from President Squires and to do those things that we need. He really helped us to see how we could be better missionaries and let us choose whether we wanted to or not. I love him.
Yesterday we were teaching one man after church and we had a monkey come and start playing with us. It was rather distracting and kind of funny. He climbed on my head and after the lesson we got some funny pictures and things. It was weird.
Well that’s about all for this week. Not much but at least something right?
Keep writing and remember that I can only email family. You can still email but don’t expect a return.
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: