Monday, October 19, 2009

No electricity = no lights, no pump and no water

Misc Info:
**dry season is now here and the sun is frying my arms and neck black yet again. Please don’t remind me that I am missing out on my snowmobiling and hunting adventures yet one more time.
**I asked if they have a lot of appointments that no one is home when they go for their appointment: at least 2 times a day. Sometimes 8 times a day. That’s why you always have 3 back up plans. Haha well I am doing better. You just have to treat them like kids. Haha
**A tree fell into our yard with 20 pieces of papaya and is still growing. it is kinda leaning on our fence so we are waiting for it to ripen and enjoy. Things grow so fast here - especially my hair. Well i need to get it cut now

Hey everyone,
Well this week seemed to just disappear. I don’t really know what happened. It seems like just yesterday I was writing to you. If every week was like this I don’t think I would remember anything except for my journal. Luckily I found some things for you this week.
Well our house broke again. Which means we didn’t have light for about 2 or 3 days - which means we can’t use our pump to get running water. So I found a funny scripture to go with that. 2nd Nephi 22:3, Haha good one right?? (2 Nephi 22:3 “Therefore, with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.” No one tell him that I didn’t make you look this up – k?)
Well the scripture reading is going good and I am in Enos now. Yeah I have been really flying. All my spare time is to finish before Christmas. A long shot but I am trying. Well I hope that you are all reading along with the saints of Bo also.
This week we went and did a little service for one of our church members. He starting building a house and then ran out of funds so it stopped for like 10 years. So we went and helped him scrape off the moss from the cement walls. Note: this is a very nice house since the walls are cement and not mud brick. They were very happy and grateful.
Well here are a few teasers from my study:
2nd Nephi 1:5, 2;6-8, 6;5, 9all, 10;23, 26;8, 28;24,
Jacob 7;11.
Well I aint giving you as much anymore to encourage you to read more for yourself. And also it is hard to type the scriptures and is time consuming. Here money is time at the cafe. Well I am doing good and I love all of you!! Follow the gospel because it is true. It will bring you happiness. Even when you get sick or no one is home to teach or no one comes to church this week. Haha!! Well I am doing great and the work is nice so don’t worry. I love all of you and hope that you send some letters. Haha!!
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: