Monday, February 15, 2010

Doing my best and working hard

Hey Everyone,

Well another week has passed. Actually it has passed to quickly. The time is flying by. Just so you know Bryce - I don’t come home until April. But that is still a ways off and I am working hard and loving all the room to do things. We have been working on our map in our spare time. Looks like the off-road trips with dad getting lost paid off a little. The problem is that the map is very old and there are a lot of new streets and things. So I have been adding them myself and trying to draw them on there. It’s a lot of fun sometimes but I think that is going to help a lot.

We asked our dear big white friend, Brother Tye, to help us teach on Thursday. It turns out he is a returned missionary. Well we went to teach and the first thing that happened was a big bowl of rice and jola. Plenty of hot pepper and red oil. He managed very well and took his share well. I was surprised. He helped us teach and it was fun to have him with us for a little bit.

President Squires has informed us of his replacement. I don’t remember his name but I know that he is from Texas and was big in the army. So they found someone to replace Elder Wire finally. Haha!! He should be a great president especially for this place. Although no one could be as good as President Squires to me. (The new Mission President’s name is Richard Roggia)

Our service project this week was to be human rota-tillers. We went and broke up some ground for a recent convert. He gave us some okra. Which resulted in much happiness for me because Elder Amoa can cook things here very well.

Not really a whole lot else has happened this week. Just doing my best and working hard.

My aunt sent me this so I figured it was worth the blog. Maybe it will give you a hint to send one last one. Haha

Love

Elder Lamb

No comments: