Monday, February 8, 2010

This is Kenema....maybe

Facts from Wikipedia about Kenema and misc stuff:

It is the 3rd largest city in Sierra Leone (1st Freetown, 2nd Bo). It is 185 miles east-south-east of Freetown. The 2004 census said it had just under 130,000 people –Elder Lamb said WRONG! So maybe that is the Kenema District that has that many people. It is ethnically diverse and the main language is Krio – WRONG AGAIN! It is Mende (not his favorite). Yeah I don’t like speaking it. My mission language is English. So I am obedient to that ;)

* Kenema is nice. Yeah, well compared to Freetown this is bush. We still have 2 supermarkets where all the Lebanese people shop. Not to great but cant complain. The calculations for this place are a little off. Didn’t think they have 1300000, but its not too big. The main language is Mende actually. I thought I escaped it but didn’t Haha. Yes there are a billion diamond dealers all around. There are places that are just huts and things.

*we have a big group to teach but they are all 21 year olds. I like to teach families and future branch presidents. So we will have a small change but nothing to big. I think that things will work well.

*we both are the cooks. He can cook good rice and I make American things. We enjoy breakfast now instead of force it down like we used to. Haha

No comments: