Monday, February 1, 2010

Holy Smokes! What a rollercoaster

Hey Everyone,
The title this week is..... HOLY SMOKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I choose this title with the fact that I am on an emotional rollercoaster here. Sunday morning one of our recent convert’s daughters died. She was 9 years old and got malaria and typhoid and within that day she died at the hospital. It was a tragic experience but the light of the gospel has helped me and her family feel much better about it. It was most sad because we went and gave her a priesthood blessing. But the will of the Lord was not that she should live. But her temple work will be done and all will be well for her in the celestial kingdom someday.
As for the other "up" of the week. The transfer news is in............. remember when I was in the bush called Bo? Go about halfway across the country heading towards guinea. I am going to KENEMA!!!!!! Yeah it will be me and my companion covering a whole city and living with only ourselves. It is under the Bo zone that I have served one year in. Looks like I will tack on another 3 months. Many people asked me if I was sick of Bo. I told them that I was excited to go to Kenema. It is different from Bo and there is a ton of work to keep me busy. It should be amazing.
My companion will be Elder Amoa-Ohenakwa - or Elder Amoa as we call him. He is a little new on mission and it will be nice to work with him. We will be in charge of a large city that needs a ton of work in the branch. It will be very nice to see my beloved Bo again and all the elders there again. I am going to enjoy working my tail off these next few months.
Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I will try to reply those I can. But with me going to Kenema the letters will be even slower. That’s ok though I guess. I only need a few more before I have to go home. I don’t think about that much.
The work is nice and my small stay in Freetown was enjoyed. I was shocked to go back to Bo but I am happy and feel good about it.
For my birthday today I went and spent a bunch of money buying my family things to bring home. They should like them. We are making tacos tonight. But the best thing that happened today is that my new camera came. Thanks to my grandparents, mother, Cutlers, Wires, and Squires it actually made it to me. Thank you all!!!! (The Cutlers are a couple that left Thursday to serve in the mission. I got a camera to the Wires who handed it off to the Cutlers when they met with them two weeks ago at the MTC. You have got to love those missionary couples!!)
Well not much to talk about this week. Write me a letter or something.
You probably won’t get a reply until its in person. But go ahead and write.
Love
Elder Lamb
~ The Village Man ~

No comments: