Monday, February 22, 2010

Working hard in our sweet little village

Hey Everyone,

Things are going very well this week and we are still working hard in our sweet little village. The time is still flying and we are wondering where it went. Today we decided that p day was a little boring, so we took a hike up the mountain to a spring that feeds the city with water. It was fun as we soaked our feet and cooled off for a while. Then we cleaned our big house spotless. We had to make a new rule that if you don’t clean your dish that you will pay a fine. So far it has worked very well for Elder Amoa. So hopefully he remembers it - if not a free drink for me. Haha!!!

Things have been going well. I finished my little Book of Mormon challenge to mark all the references to Christ and things. Only I forgot to bring all the numbers for you. But there were a lot. Over 7000 if I remember correctly. But it was a great time to learn more about Christ and become more like him. I think that has helped me a lot to continue to improve. So things are going well there.

For our service project we went and cleaned a house and office. It is on a dusty road and had gotten very dirty and unkept. So we came and helped them clean and also to cook lunch. It was fun and hopefully will do some good to soften the mans hard heart.

I had an interesting experience the other day. We were walking down the road and a man on a motorcycle pulled up and ran over to me. I recognized his face but not his name. I knew he was from Njagboima Branch somehow. He reminded me that he was Mohamed Jusu and that I had tried to teach him in Bo. The problem then was he was in college to get another degree to be a doctor. But we chatted and now that he is done with school we are planning to go and teach him next week. He is very prepared for the gospel and will make a great contribution to the Kenema branch.

Another funny story was that the branch president was giving a talk about the temple. He mentioned that we must do anything to go. He said for his family they had to sell their TV just to afford going to the temple. It was a bit humorous at first but in the end I realized that he had made a great sacrifice to do the right thing. I don’t think any of you have to sell your TV to go to the temple. But I think a few of us could benefit from it. Haha

Things are going well and I am working hard as ever. We are not allowed to talk about home in the apartment so things are great and we are focused and working hard. We have zone conference on Friday so that should be a great boost and change of pace. I am doing great and working hard.

If anyone has any crazy idea about driving to LA to get me - think again!!!

Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: