Monday, May 11, 2009

Not every day you meet a bus full of white people!!

Hey everyone,
Well it was amazing to talk with my family yesterday!! I gave them a small taste of krio and mende and timney but they had no clue what I was saying. It was rather funny. They told me that my s-10 finally reached its resting place. Into a trailer of course. My dad did a great job on it so it is ok I guess. I will just have to pull it around instead of driving it. Haha.
Well the work is doing well out here. There are many great investigators we are working with and I am excited for them. They are all so smart and working so hard. I am so happy to be blessed with a great area and much work to do here. We just got a new branch president who is willing to listen to me and to take some advice on how to make the branch better so I think some great things are going to be going on here. Transfers are on the 27th and I hope to stay actually. There are many great people who are preparing to be baptized and there is so much great work to be done here that I am excited to stay actually. Well we will see what the lord says in a few weeks.
The kids at the SOS orphanage are doing so great and they love me so much. The other day we just had a big wrestle and the kids had a blast. They all just attacked me so we just wrestled them. They ultimately destroyed one of my old white shirts. I attempted to wash it today but I think I failed. Ha-ha but the kids are doing so great and they all look up to us so much. I love them.
The other day we had a crazy experience, we were walking down the road and there was a van full of white people. We thought it was strange out here in the bush. Then a lady started banging on the glass and screaming. We just kept walking. Then she came out of the bus and yelled elders elders!! We were a little shocked and walked back. She is a member from Canada and is doing a free tour to be a nurse. She was very nice and it was weird to talk in normal English. We snapped a photo and wished each other luck. It was really crazy and I thought it was cool. Not everyday you meet a bus full of white people out here you know.
So I have decided that all of you have to search your own scriptures now so I won’t give you all the good ones I am finding. Good luck with your studies and keep it up.
I love all of you and appreciate the letters and support.
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: