Monday, May 4, 2009

Pig Stew, Futball, and Flying Kites

Hey everyone,
Well I am sorry that last week I forgot to give you some scriptures and stuff. Guess what? I forgot my paper again this week. So you get to listen to me ramble on about nothing now. Well ok maybe not nothing.
So let’s start with today. We had our monthly super preparation day. We went to play a long hot sunny game of football (remember it is soccer). I played defense and apparently the African branch missionaries don’t like it when a huge white guy pancakes them. If you don’t know what that means then ask a football player. Ha-ha anyways we had a good time and I was able to see some of the members of my last area. When we had finished we went to our apartment where our mother Sister Turay fixed a pig stew for us. It was funny to watch the pig run around the yard. Then she just tackled it and slit its throat and started butchering it. The people here are pretty crazy. But she made some really nice stew.
Ok let’s go back to Saturday. First thank you mom for sending those kites and things. So we have an orphanage with a bunch of kids there. One of our investigators is a mom there. She has 10 kids in her house. The place is called S.O.S Children’s Village. We have been going out there and the kids just think of us as a hero. I love the place with all of my heart and it is the highlight of my week. I don’t think I would get through if I didn’t go there. So on Saturday we walked out there with 2 kites in my bag. We hooked them up and took all the kids to the football field where we play with them. They all chased the kites around and had a blast. They all thought it was funny to see the kites fly and it was a blast. We played with them for a while.
Monday now. We had a family home evening with a recent convert. It was her daughter’s bday and so I took a ton of candy and my companion gave her a big bag of cookies. When her eyes lit up as we gave it to her it just made my whole week. She was so happy that she received only a sack of candy and cookies. The kids don’t really get presents and things because they are so poor. It is sad but yet that day made me and my companion so happy.
Well that’s about all that happened this week I think. It was a nice week and the time is flying by so fast. I can’t believe that I have been gone over a year. It is still just crazy to me. Owell I am working hard and doing my best as always. I can’t wait to talk with my family on Sunday and to just hear their voices for a little while. They should get a nice krio, mende, timney, hick accent. Ha-ha whatever that sounds like.

Thanks for everything and I love your letters.

Love, Elder Lamb

No comments: