Monday, August 24, 2009

Moving on a motorcycle - with luggage

Hey everyone,
Things are going good this week and I am just working hard like always. Being a zone leader aint to bad actually. I just have to take numbers and compile reports and make sure the other elders are doing there best and being obedient and stuff. I get to travel to Freetown next week and stay with the assistants so we can have what’s called a zone council. Where the zone leaders come together and discuss how to help the zone with president and the assistants there. It should be fun
On Friday elder Dickson of the 70 should be coming out to Bo for a zone conference and district fireside. It should be a lot of fun. I am kind of nervous and excited because as a zone leader I get to have an interview with him one on one. It should be really cool for me. But I am just nervous that I will do some thing retarded liked I normally am. Ha-ha well we will see I guess.
Rainy season is in full effect now. It rains quite often now. Not as bad as Liberia last year but just a little bit of rain now and then. It sure makes washing your clothes hard when they never dry. But I am doing my best and I just iron them to speed up the process. It is kind of funny and sad at the same time.
In church on Sunday the man giving the opening prayer got up and asked everyone to stand up to pray. The branch president had to get up and stop him and tell everyone to sit down and pray. It was rather funny. Then in elders quorum we asked what people like about the church. One man said home teaching. Then the teacher asked him if he does his home teaching. The man said. "Don’t ask me. No stop." Then the whole class just busted up because we all know that no one wants to do home teaching here. We can hardly get them to church. Ha-ha.
My foot is getting much better now with my steroid cream. It should be well in a week or 2. I am working out like crazy now so maybe it will help. Ha-ha. Sister Squires said it wouldn’t be enough to get to my muscles really so I don’t think it will do anything.
I had to move on Friday. I have one big suitcase a backpack and a small suitcase. I carried the backpack and big suitcase on the back of a motorcycle!!!! It was a long ride and my abs are killing me. I just held on for dear life and prayed that I would arrive alive. And somehow I did. Ha-ha.
Well we don’t have a fridge because the old one broke. But Elder Peterson is on one of his last runs out to Bo before he goes home so hopefully it will come today. It should be a nice one since we have good light almost all day now. Our generator is kind of sketchy now but I am a pretty good repair man so I got it running again the other day. Just no maintenance out here.
Well here are your scriptures for the week:
Ether, 3 all, 4:6-11,17-19, 7:23, 8:22-26, 9:28, 10:19, 12:3-4, 23, 26-27, 34, 38-41, 14:18, 15:2, 19, 34,
Moroni 1:2-4, 6 all, 7:4-8, 13-17, 39, 40-41, 44-48, 8all, 9:4, 6, 22, 25, 10 all.
And now I am done again!!!
I hope that my scriptures have lead you to a deep love of the scriptures which I now have. And I hope that you will help me to stay strong in it when I get back. Thank you all for your support and keep up the letters. I love reading them.
Love
Elder lamb

No comments: