Monday, August 3, 2009

Dating counselor - rice planter - mtn climber

---The Njagboima Chapel ---

This is the chapel in Elder Lamb's area. 2 Branches now use it, 3 soon. It is "kinda sorta" like a chapel in America only it is a "crapily done one of the American versions. The pillar spike thing is shipped from America." Zone Conference P-day in the bush of Bo (a couple of months ago)

Hey everyone,
Sorry I was having a rough time last week. All is better now. Just a little stressed since I have so many things on my mind but I am doing much better now. Except they found out that my leg doesn’t have a fungus it is something else. The pictures are on the way to salt lake now ha-ha. Well I don’t know what it is. It is just spreading. Sister Squires is taking good care of me and president says I can have one of many wheelchairs we have in storage. Ha-ha.

Well the main reason I have been so stressed is the fact that they are splitting my branch. Now I can finally tell you mom. ha-ha well it takes a whole heck of a lot of work to redo a map and do all that fun stuff and also train a companion on how to speak krio and mende. Ha-ha but it has been fun and a good experience for me and I have learned a lot from it.

On Thursday we helped an investigator named Alpha to plant his rice farm in the swamp. We waded in ankle deep muck and stuck pieces of growing rice into the muck. It is actually really easy to do and kinda fun when you get the hang of it. You can see rice everywhere in the swamp now because of the rainy season is the best to grow it. Hopefully it will help alpha. He is a little reluctant to join us but I think this will really help him.

In church yesterday we were in Sunday School and there was a small fire in one of the lights in the sacrament room. So the rest of church was dark. Ha-ha. Well it wasn’t too bad. It stopped really fast and almost no damage was done. It should be and easy fix if the man to fix it is honest. We will see about that one too I guess.

Today me and my companion Elder Gifford decided to go for a hike. Except we got a phone call from a sister and had to go help her not leave the church because her fiancé dumped her or something. So half our p day was spent as dating counselors then we got to go and climb up Kandeh Mountain. There is just a bunch of cell phone towers but there was a nice view. We then came home to do all the chores and stuff that we have to do.

Well I don’t know what the next transfer will bring. I either get to cover 2 branches or get split. I guess we will see. Maybe I will have to become a district leader. I am kinda hoping that I stay just a senior companion. Ill be what you want me to be I guess.

Here are your scriptures for the week.
Helaman 11:23, 12:1, 13:6, 14:8, 30-37, 15:6-8, 3rd Nephi 1:22, 3:25, 4:10, 4:33, 5:3,13, 6:14, 7:5, 18, 9:13-22, 10:14, 10:18-19, all of 11, 12:29-30, 12:48, 13:19-21, 33, all of 14,
1st Corinthians 12:27-31, 14:19, 23, 33, 15:29, 15:58, 16:13-14,
2nd Corinthians 5:7, 10, 17, 6:4-10, 7:9-11, 8:11-12, 9:6-7, 11:13-15, 12:2, 7-10

Well I think that should be good for you. I still have a few emails to the family so until next week keep writing me some letters.
Love
Elder lamb



No comments: