Monday, November 9, 2009

Chicken in the closet

Hey everyone,
How are you this week? I am doing well out here in the bush still. President wants to try a new system here. Instead of the normal transfer news on Saturday before you leave it is now on Tuesday night - the day before transfer. I am fine with it because I know that I am not going anywhere. Well at least I don’t think so. Well some elders weren’t to happy with it and some quick packing will have to be done tomorrow for some of them. But that is part of life and hopefully things go well for them.
Elder Yardley is a little angry with me but it wasn’t my fault. I forgot to tell this story last week. We came home to collect a few things from the church driver Marcus. We left the door open to go grab things from the truck. Well when we were done we were dropping off letters in each elder’s room. Well a chicken found its way into Elder Yardley’s room. We closed the door for a while and before we left again we went to check on it. Well he disappeared. So we searched and lo and behold he was on Elder Yardley’s clothes in his closet. So we closed the door and locked it in. We came back in the evening and Elder Yardley opened up his closet. Well he didn’t see it at first. So I came with my camera and made a classic video of him cursing me and telling me that he is going to kill me. The best part was after we got the chicken out and Elder Yardley started cleaning out his closet. He found an egg that the chicken had laid. It was the funniest thing I have ever seen.
Today also we were playing soccer. We were down one goal with 8 minutes left. Elder Yardley shot a ball but the goalie knocked it out of the goal. So it was a corner kick. They called in the back up. Me. I ran in and they kicked the ball. With my ridiculous height I was able to jump all the way up and hit the ball straight in the goal to tie the game. No one else scored after that, but I saved us from our first loss. We play in Bo zone about every Monday against the branch missionaries. Today they pulled out the ringers but we were right there with them. We are practicing to go and play Freetown zone in the Christmas conference on December 10-13. We will wail on them.
We caught the Pyne family walking out of their new apostate church. Pastor Benjamin has done well with them, but I call him pb and j. Haha!! Well Brother Pyne looked like he was going to explode with fear when he saw me walk up to him and ask why he didn’t come to church today. He was shaking from head to foot. It was a sad experience as I thought about what he would look like before Jesus Christ someday. Hopefully the Book of Mormon will save him.
We have one family named the Kenewas. They are amazing and have saved me. They are in total about 8. Well it depends on the week. They are all starting to come to church and because of our great members helping teach he already wants to be baptized. It is amazing and I am excited for them.
Well not much else this week. I am doing good and working hard. I want to say thanks to all of you supporting the Thanksgiving and Christmas party. Thank you for the letters also and I can’t wait for more.
I love you all
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: