Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Trick or treating - African style

Hey Everyone,
How are you this week? Well things are very hectic for me yet again as they always seem to be now. We are in Freetown and it is late so this wont be to long. We had our zone leaders meeting with President Squires and he has instructed us well how to lead the Lords work here. I always love these meetings. They are just so nice all the time. Afterwards we got to eat Sister Squires amazing meatloaf and gravy and mashed potatoes. A big cushe (good job) to her.
Well the week has been very quick. We had to make a quick run out to Kenema to do some interviews and a lot of other things like that. It was a very quick trip and my knees still ache from the 2 car rides and the bus to town today plus we get to take it back out to the bush tomorrow. What a busy life I live. I did get some letters though so hopefully I will find a little time to read them. Thank you all for writing I love it!!!!!!
Well we also had to celebrate Halloween so we went to new London apartment and did a little trick or treating as Muslims. Then we came home and carved pumpkins. They actually have them here only they are small different. But thats ok because we still carved them. Haha!! Well the work is nice and I am loving it. The elders really liked carving the pumpkins and it really brought a great unity in our district. Also all the elders love dodgeball even though many of them have never played it before. We are trying to get more creative and things like that. Thanksgiving is coming up and we are planning something nice so hopefully we can enjoy. The Christmas party in Freetown will be the 10-13th of December so that will also be amazing. Well not much else I can remember and I need to get to bed. Night
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: