Monday, November 23, 2009

Goalie - PYRO - and Noahs Ark

Hey Everyone,
Well this week has gone by quick. The transfer news is that I am still in this area and that me and Elder Degen are remaining the same. My apartment got 2 new additions. Elder Amegayie from Ghana who is the most trunky next to Elder Yardley. And then Elder Visser from Iowa. He is really new and is pretty funny. I enjoy having him in the same apartment with me. He is almost as tall as me but just a hair shorter. Hopefully I don’t shrink. Elder Tippets from Colorado also joined our zone. He has put on a little weight on mission but he is also a nice addition. Not much else happened.
We were teaching a man who has word of wisdom problems. We tried to teach him that he must follow the prophet. So we used the example of Noah and the ark. I asked him, “What did the people do when Noah began to build the ark?” He replied, they went and toileted inside to stop him. I have no idea where that crazy idea came from but it made me laugh for a very long time. I just couldn’t stop laughing like crazy. When we finally calmed down we asked him to show us in the bible. Of course he couldn’t and just went off about nothing like he normally does. It was a funny day.
Today we had our weekly soccer practice. We are playing Freetown this transfer for our Christmas party so we have to practice and make sure we win. Anyways I scored another goal today. But now that our old goalie left on transfer I am half the time then another elder is the rest of the time. I don’t like goalie too much, but I like playing defense where I can run into people and stuff. Haha
Well not much else. Maybe you would be interested in what we do with trash here. Most people just throw it on the street but in our compound we have a hole that we fill then burn. Well I decided to be a pyro and burn some today. As I was burning the trash I failed to realize that there were a lot of explosive empty bottles and spray cans. Well we had a minor fireworks show and I thought it was cool but the neighbors came and started yelling at the gate asking what the heck was going on in there. We had it under control so they left us alone after a while. It was pretty funny.
Well not much else is happening over here. Just a lot of sunshine and hard work. We are happy with the people we have but are always looking for more. Hopefully the Lord provides. Well I am out of time now so until next week. I love you all and thank you for your support of the Lord’s work.
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: