Monday, November 23, 2009

The Snake Killer LIVES ON!!!

Hey Everyone,
Well things are going great out here in the bush. I think that our generator is dead again and the repairman has chicken pox so we have been in the dark sometimes. Haha! Well that’s ok I guess.
Yesterday we celebrated Thanksgiving as a zone and had chicken and gravy and potatoes and fruit and no bake cookies and banana bread. It was the biggest feast I have ever had in Africa and NO RICE!! Thank you mom for teaching me how to cook small.
We had our zone meeting. The Elders who are lazy are still lazy and it looks like the meeting didn’t do much for them. Its annoying but they have the correct principle. Now they must govern themselves, and stop being so crazily trunky. Elder Yardley printed off pictures of his somewhat girlfriend. Well he is very trunky now. As for me I am holding in there small small and studying to keep my mind occupied. Not that I have much spare time anyways.
We decided to do some service for a member who cut down her tree. So we offered to come and cut it into fire wood. We ended up with like 20 blisters from the homemade axe and machete. It was a nice project and I only got one new scar from it. Haha no worries though I am ok.
The other day we were teaching and a snake popped up next door. Luckily there was a machete lying around. So I grabbed it and started the execution. Quite literally. He just put his head right on the tree so perfect that I cut it clean off. It was a nice shot. And don’t worry I am still unbitten. Haha for now. The snake killer lives. So you better watch out Larry. If you steal my truck from john you could be next. Haha
All is well and I am working hard. The time is starting to dawn on me since Christmas is almost here. It makes me sad and at the same time more willing to work hard. It’s like the last few laps of the Indy 500. Just put the pedal down and go. That’s what I will do.
Next week I will be in Freetown for a meeting so hopefully I can send a few pics.
Thanks to all of you who write and send things. I love you all and good thing that Mel is ok and just needs vitamins. Haha
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: