Monday, December 14, 2009

Big fat white man in a Santa suit - IN AFRICA

Hey Everyone,
Wow what a short week! It was sure a blast though. We took our Christmas trip to Freetown last week. It was a lot nicer on the government bus with all the 14 elders with us. The man has never sold so many tickets at once. Ha-ha we arrived in town and went straight to the sports. Basketball and volleyball were first. It has been a long time and someone helped me understand that you can’t lose a shot if you never had one. I was rusty. We had a great time and then we headed over to the soccer field.
The Bo zone all got on their bright green zone shirts. Then the biggest surprise. Some big fat white man had a Santa suit on and ran out with them. I was Santa. Everyone was pretty shocked and it was funny. We then wailed on them so to speak. I was goalie and only allowed one goal. We whomped them pretty good. After the games everyone went caroling until bed time.
Friday was started with the chimpanzee sanctuary. It was a blast just like last year and I even found a postcard in Sierra Leone. Never found one until now. The chimps got in a fight over food and it reminded me of being at home with my brothers. The chimps do more damage than we did though.
We then had a wonderful lunch from Sister Squires and Sister Jones followed by every districts skits. They were all good this year and it was a great laugh. We got to watch the Disney movie “Cars.” It is amazing how many things we learned from it. I was happier than a tornado in a trailer park. Ha-ha
I got 2 boxes, one from my mom and another from my Gma Pay. I wasn’t expecting any from anyone else so don’t worry. I finally have batteries that work!
I also got a Christmas card from the First Presidency which was really nice. Also the Stice family sent every elder a card and pen. Good pens are hard to find here.
Well not much else from the trip. Elder Jones drove us back out to Bo in the mission van and we are having a small baptism next week which should be nice. Transfer news is this Sunday. I could go or stay. don’t really know actually. And of course I get my Christmas call home next week which should be sweet. So all is well for me and thank you all for all that you do.
It is sad to hear that George died (my cousins 3 legged dog). He made it a long time. (23+ years!!) Stay strong Aunt Marian life will go on. I heard the Christmas party was a hit this year.
Also another birthday shout to Marybeth who is going on mission soon. Good luck!!!!
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: