Monday, December 28, 2009

BIG white guy that can eat

Hey Everyone,

Well the new city boy is now here. Ha-ha well I have started to enjoy the big town. They have all kinds of nice things that I never even dreamed of here. Lets just say that I will be enjoying my last few months. I have almost anything I could want - like a Philly Steak Sandwich today. Yeah how crazy is that!! Well I find it very different and I really miss my little town of Bo- but its ok. It is time to learn a new place I guess.

It was nice to talk with my family. They sound like their pictures. Much older than when I left. But that’s ok. It was nice to talk small and even in the call I saw a monkey outside and had to tell them. Ha-ha. It was funny.

Well I am in the Freetown Branch. But we help the assistants cover the Dwazark Branch a few times a week. It is a lot of work with 2 branches and 2 zones to cover. But we are doing great and I have a strong companion named Elder Andersen. He is from Ogden but now his family lives in Midway. We get along great and should have a blast together. I think this will be a great time for each of us.

We live in a 3 story building on the 2nd floor. We have 6 elders with us and it’s a little packed but I am in the best room so all is well. We should have a fun time together there also.

We had a branch Christmas/Boxing Day activity at a big school. We had music and dancing and games. I played soccer in my white shirt. It took about an hour to wash today. I also won the eating contest. I won by about 5 min. I got a funny video of it and the whole branch knows who I am now. Everyone knows the big guy that can eat now. We also had races and African checkers called draft. Hard to get a hang of but very fun.

I had to say goodbye to my little town of Bo on Christmas Eve. President and Sister Squires drove me in themselves and it was a sad experience. It almost felt like I was going home. But I am just putting that behind me now and moving forward. The great people of Bo will live without me and the people of Freetown need me now. So all is well and I think that I should get over it.

I also got to meet all the new elders. Elder Lancaster from StGeorge is out in Bo. Elder Kenner is from Sandy. And a Elder Enyito (I spelled that one wrong) from Ghana. They are very nice and ready to get out and work. Which is just what we need. They are a little skinny though so maybe the new rice diet will fatten them up a little. They should do well and I am excited to work with the big 2 zones of Freetown. There is much work to do and not time to do it so I am out for this week. I know it looks bad and rushed. That’s cause it is.

Love

Elder lamb

No comments: