Monday, January 25, 2010

Super p-day at the white man beach

Hey Everyone,
Well it’s a good thing that they talked me out of staying at the beach today so that I can come and email. We had our super p day today and went down to the white man beach. Basically the only tourist spot here. We played human foosball. We all had to keep a foot on the line and it was really funny. It is hard to shoot a goal with a foot on the line and 2 defenders and a goalie. We had a blast and did very well. Then we had a sandcastle competition. Elder Lowe won of course. Then a relay race type thing. It was lots of fun. Some elders chose not to participate which can be a little annoying when you are the one trying to have unity and let everyone enjoy the activity, but it went well anyways and hopefully everyone enjoyed it. I sure hope so because it caused me a big head ache. But it’s over now and all went well.
It was nice to get some letters from a few people. It only took my Uncle Mike 21 months to write but it was a wonderful inspiring letter. Thanks Larry!!! My Grandma Pay also did some research for me. In Elder Perry’s talk about the Manti Temple it mentions the death of Gordon B Hinckleys wife’s relative. So my Grandma Pay found the story and it turns out that it is my relative. It was a wonderful story and I am very grateful for my grandma’s hard work searching for the people of the past. (Grandma Pay talked to Sister Hinckley’s sister and the story actually is not on the Pay side of her family but the Paxman side - but had a lot of great information and family meaning for us.)
We had a nice member present a lesson. Well I should say a member lesson. We asked a new convert and her daughter to find us a referral and help us to teach them. Well they brought their friend into their house and then we went to start the lesson and they took over and taught the entire message of the restoration without missing a single principle, in order, and most likely better than I ever could. It was nice for me as I sat back and learned myself. Then they bore testimony and then committed her to pray. It was a perfect lesson in my eyes and I walked away stunned at how amazingly well they did. It was a wonderful lesson.
We are also teaching one retired man who is a very well off person and has a big position in his church. His name is Walter Davis. Anyways we taught him the plan of salvation and when we got to Adam and Eve he basically denied everything that we taught. So we took a new approach and touched on the things that he did believe and then we tied in the restoration and how we know about Adam and Eve through the Book of Mormon. I was amazed at how well it ended up sounding. It’s funny because most the people we teach here are very humble. So to go teach a more proud man was a very different change. It can take you out of your comfort zone. But it was a much more interesting lesson. Most of the people we are working with we are hoping to become the future leaders of the church. So far so good.
Just so you all know the 28th is my mom’s birthday. She is getting a little old now so make sure you give her a big hug for me. Cushe mom I love you!!!
Well the week has flown by again and I am back off to let another one pass like crazy. Don’t worry about me. This is probably the best I have ever been in my short life. Thanks for the support and keep writing.
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: