Monday, January 4, 2010

I am staying strong

Ow di bodi?
Things are going well here in Freetown. Today we went to the beach to play a little soccer. We all had a good time and I skinned my knee pretty good. It was worth it though to score the goal. Haha. It was nice to go and play and let loose. Here in town is very busy. Especially for me. I have so much stuff to do that I don’t have time to do it. It is nice somedays but I just wish that I had more time to do a few important things. Like the new challenge President Squires has given us. We are to read the Book of Mormon and mark every time it has a reference to Christ or his words or his attributes or any gospel doctrine or principle. I have gotten to 1 Nephi 18 so far. I hope to read more though. Maybe if you want to try it you can. I think it is wonderful.
This week has gone by very quickly. We had 2 more people baptized this week. Yeah I just got here and 4 are already baptized. It was a nice service and things went well. A man baptized his son. And our counselor in the district baptized his niece. It was great.
Things are going well here in town. I have to learn the area a little more. It is hard to learn because it is so big and everything looks the same. All the houses look similar and the street system is not organized well so to find the right shortcut can be difficult. But is still have some time. I have no idea what the next transfer could bring. This could be my last area or I could go. I don’t know. Maybe the Lord will keep me here, maybe he wont. I won’t have any problem with either one of course. Haha! I will go where you want me to go.
We are having a few struggles in our apartment with an elder leaving this transfer. I guess I just expect more out of him. So we are doing our best with him but it’s not easy. There are a lot more elders in this zone to work with (20) and it’s much harder to get out and visit them and things. But we are doing our best and hopefully the elders can see that. It is fun to learn and stretch but it should wears you out. As President Squires can say “This place is trying to make an old man out of me.” Haha but I am staying strong and as Elder Uchtdorf said in the priesthood session there is no retirement plan in Gods plan of happiness. Haha I liked that one. So no worries I am enduring to the end and working harder than ever before.
I am definitely grateful for the amazing support that I receive. I have a wonderful family that is a great strength to me. My parents did their best and now I am trying to live up to that name. Good thing they brought me up right. Cushe to them.
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: