Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Diggin for diamonds

Hey everyone,

Well I am going on transfer. I am only going like 10 min away though. Ha-ha just to the other side of town in a branch called njagboima. Good luck saying that one. I will tell my family for the phone call on mother’s day. So we will see how she describes it ha-ha. My companion is from Shelly Idaho and his name is elder Albright. We are already pretty good friends before this so it should be a blast. I am excited but sad to see my baptisms there without me. The baptism was pushed back to the 25th so I am a little sad. So I am thinking about the possibility of being there but I have to get permission. Well all is well anyways. And I will like my new area.

Yesterday was our super p day. We took a trip to the most bush place our mission covers. Kenema. It is on the map so you can look it up. We took a van out to the place. On the way we only got one flat tire and everything was fine. As we were crossing the Sewa River we saw a big bull dozer making a large pool out of the river. The man explained that they will drain the water from the temporary place and then dig for diamonds where the water from the river normally covers. It was really cool.

We then got to the 3 story kenema apartment. On the 2nd floor there is a Lebanese family. As we walked pass their open door they were all getting high. It was rather funny. We had a nice lunch and went on a nice hike to the top of the mountain. It was a long hike and I was glad to get a little exercise for a while. I snapped some sweet pictures. Too bad no one can see them till I come home. I can’t plug my new camera into a virus filled computer or there is a nice chance I will lose them all. Sorry you just have to wait.

We then came back and rested and then I pulled out the Easter eggs aunt Jamie sent me. All the elders had a nice little Easter egg hunt. Everyone says thanks Jamie. It was really fun.
We had a zone meeting then got in the slowest taxi back. It was dark and we barely made it back in time. But we made it back on time and it was a BLAST!!!!

Well here are your scriptures for the week.
Alma 42:45
Alma 44:4
Alma 46:8
D&C 58:2-4
Alma 50:22
Alma 56:44-48
Alma 63 these people are the Polynesians!

Well I think that should be enough for you this week.

Well I am excited to move small and I can’t wait to start the great work. Well I have been given more responsibility now. The lord thinks I can be a senior companion now so I have to do my best to prove him right.

Love
Elder Lamb
Write me a letter!!!!

No comments: