Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Halfway there and still alive!!!!

Hey everyone,

Well I can’t complain. I am half way there and still alive. I have only a few new scars and stories. Ok maybe a lot (Hopefully he means a lot of stories and not scars). Well the past year has been the craziest of my life. I don’t know where the time went. It seemed like just the other day I was waving goodbye and sitting on a big plane all alone wondering what in the heck am I going to do in Africa? Well I think I have found a good answer. There are so many great people the lord has prepared. I am in one of the most blessed missions in the world. Where else can you teach 4 or 6 lessons every day? Where else are the people so open and I have never had a single door slammed. In fact I have never knocked a single door either. Ha-ha it is a different world here but it is difficult and sweet in the same time. Many people have taken advantage of the great faith here. Many people give there small money to one man with a lot of money who says they will be saved for it. Many are confused at why there are millions of churches all over the place. Sounds like the perfect formula to be fixed with the true gospel. Which has been adding up a lot. I love the new people that I am with and I love my companion.

The apartment is doing well. Things are trying to be done and our water shortage isn’t so bad since everyone is on a ration now and not just the willing. So we are doing our best with what we have. All I need to say is that I am getting really good at being patient and learning to laugh. We are all learning and growing together and I am doing my best.

My companion had a huge bug bite or something on his back. A few days ago we popped a giant batch of pus out of it. It is rather cool to me and I think my mom would faint if she saw the pictures. Ha-ha but everything is ok and thinks are getting better. It is to bad my other mom Sister Wire isn’t here to take good care of him. But we are managing on our own.

The work here is great and there are many people to teach. We have a very busy schedule and much to do everyday. I am excited to share this great message with so many willing people. The only problem is telling them it is not the same as the other churches going around. Some of them actually see the difference but the sad thing is that many don’t. But we are doing our best to have people actually do something for the church. Like visit teach or home teach. So we will see how we can help that so people will stop falling away. We have over 700 members on our directory. But a max of 150 come on Sunday. So I am working through all the crazy paper work that was left for me. But I am doing my best and the lord is helping with the rest.

Thank you all for your support and letters. I love to read them and they always give me a nice boost. Thank you!!!!

Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: