Monday, April 6, 2009

Rays of sunshine

Hey everyone,

Well to start sorry to all you who cant email anymore. I am still expecting some letters and some of you promised some pictures ;) you know who you are.

Anyways this week has been nice. I am working hard and doing my best as always. I was very sad to have to miss conference, but I will hear about it soon enough. No one told me who the new apostle is yet so maybe I will find out next week.

Well there are some great rays of sunshine here. We are planning a great baptism on Saturday. A whole family should be baptized and I know that they are going to do amazing. The man has been sick for a while but he is doing better now and I think that everything is going to be fine. I am very excited. We also have a few others who could be baptized by the end of the month. We will see. But next week is transfer so we will see if I finally get to harvest my labor or not. But all is well and the work will still go on.

Sorry I haven’t been able to send pictures for a while. The cafe has had some problems for quite a while. Even this week it hasn’t been to great but we will see next week. That’s what you get when you are in the bush.

I pulled a pretty sweet April fools joke. My companion and I made the apartment look like it got ransacked. We hid the other elders money and cameras and money value things and then they came home and were so shocked and mad. It was rather hilarious and they weren’t too happy but we got a good laugh out of it.

Well I have found some nice scriptures this week that hopefully can help you as much as it helps me.
Alma 28:8
Alma 30:60
Alma 31:1-20
Alma 32:2, 43
Doctrine and covenants 107: 99-100
Alma 36: 4-5, 26-27
Alma 37: 37, 44-46
Alma 38:5
Alma 39:17, 14

Ok I almost forgot. Yesterday was Palm Sunday. So as we were preparing for church we heard a drum and chanting and stuff. Not to abnormal here on a Sunday. Then the sound got louder and louder so we went out to look. Then we saw 300 people marching past our house chanting and making noise while holding up a bunch of makeshift crosses and things. It was rather funny to watch but confusing to me. My companion explained that it is Palm Sunday and they are reenacting the march of Christ into Jerusalem or something like that. I don’t really know why they do that but it was an interesting morning. Then I had to explain to the members why we don’t use the cross. HE LIVES!!!

Well that should be good for this week. I hope to get some letters soon. Thank you all for your great support to me.
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: