Monday, March 1, 2010

Don't give glory to the shovel

Hey all you blog readers,

Where in the world did March come from? Geez I am still trying to figure out what happened in February. But the time seems to be eluding me as I bury myself more and more in the work. But that’s ok as I have come to love it. The town of Kenema is doing well and we are starting to see the things that we want. The hard work is paying off a little. But we are far from what I want to be.

This week we had a great chance to travel to Bo and have zone conference. President talked about honor and glory and power. The whole reason Satan was cast down was because he sought God’s power. That is what Satan will try to do to us now. To make it all about me and not about God. But in reality all the glory should be passed on from us and straight up to God. Don’t praise me for being a good missionary. Praise God who made me what I have become. See the picture? Christ was our perfect example. He gave all the glory unto god and took none for himself. He never wanted to be recognized. He put all the honor on God. So that is what I have tried to do - to help people see that I am just a tool in the Lords hands and that we don’t give the glory to the shovel.

So that is a taste of what I learned. As we were coming to zone conference I ran into my old Branch President. He gave me a warm hug and we talked for a while. After we were preparing to leave I ran into a recent convert who also gave me a warm hug and we talked small. It was a wonderfully happy feeling having all those people still active and working hard to do the lords work. I was sure happy to see them again. Plus we had burgers for lunch and President Squires gave us a ride home to Kenema. They made the speed bumps higher just for him I think. We were flying and he thought they were the same. But they grew a lot and we shook up Elder Petersons Ford pretty good. It gave us all a good laugh. I think that I almost had too much joy in one day and then I had a wonderful interview with President Squires and it just got better.

Not much else has happened this week. We are going on exchanges tomorrow but that is about it. I was very happy that day and next Monday we have super p day. Still haven’t heard what we are doing yet but it should be fun.

All is well and love you all. Thanks for the support and remember to praise the Lord and not me.

Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: