Monday, March 29, 2010

The time is slowly melting away...

Hey everyone,
Well another hot and short week has flown by. Some times I really wonder where the week has gone. The time is slowly melting away. Today we just came back from Bo. We went to join the zone dinner. Elder Eshun made me some Ghana FUFU with groundnut soup. Probably the best food in the world. Yeah I said it. It is nicer than a big burger. Well for now it is. We actually found a restaurant in Kenema that sells hamburgers - very small expensive ones. Of course I had to be the one to find something like this. Haha
Today we played soccer in Bo. They played a little rough and started doing some bad things like sweeping peoples legs out and things. So some were ejected from the game so that no one would get hurt. I did my best to make a solid wall to let them run into. I only knocked a few down this time. Haha
The week was good. We had a lot of work to do and things to fix. The baptism went well. We had 2 people be baptized. Two 20 year old men. We are getting them ready to go and serve a mission next year. They should be some good converts. I made extra sure that they were ready and they were. The water for the font wasn’t the cleanest but we managed it and had a good baptism/branch activity. It’s the end of the quarter you know. We need to enjoy sometimes . Haha
Other than that we are doing well and exploring the good oven in the apartment. The classics are banana bread and German pancakes, followed with egg sandwiches and french fries. No I didn’t burn my hair again.
The week was short and not much else happened lately. Today as I sat in the car squished next to a lady and her son, I was thinking amidst the noise of squeaky breaks and the wine of worn out wheel bearings that the time is really getting short. Only 4 more weeks now. But I don’t focus on those thoughts. If I do it’s more like a challenge to make sure that I use all the 2 years and not waste any time, no matter how old or tired I am. So it should be a lot of fun to work my new companion to death almost. Haha
Well that’s about all that happened. I am doing well as ever and working harder than ever. I have to finish the map before I go. Haha and find a lot of new people and give the next elder a big huge group of people to teach and baptize after I go. All is well and thanks for the support. This week should be the last one to send any letters if you hope to have it reach me - so you should all send one last one today. Thanks!!!
I love you all!!!
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: