Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My name is Elder Lamb, and I am a pyromaniac

Hello all of una,

Well the big news is out. My new companion is Elder Priddis from Big Pine, Wyoming. (I think he means Big Piney) He is the last of 10 children and all his brothers and sisters have served. He played football and basketball. He likes country and rock music. He loves hamburgers. So basically we are twins. We are getting along great and working hard. There is much to do and a lot of work and things that I have to help him learn. It has been a new experience for me. But I am getting the hang of it a little bit now. Since the master of sardines is one transfer in Liberia, we have had a chance to start trying out some new food. Sister Squires made us a small cook book and our new favorite is German pancakes. We are doing our best to enjoy breakfast now.

We had a fairly boring week. On Wednesday I traveled to Bo to take Elder Amoa and pick up Elder Priddis. I got to see all the elders and they actually had an appreciation dinner for all the missionarys and Bo district leaders. We went and had the program and then President showed up with my companion and we put him in the taxi with 4 in the back. He was probably wondering what in the world we are doing. Haha!! But we arrived alive and are settled down now. He is a great Elder and we are getting along and working hard. I am trying to show him some things and the Krio is coming slowly. But we are practicing.

The branch had Relief Society Day on Wednesday - only no one came so they took Sunday instead. All women gave talks on things and after church we had a sandwich and juice. I don’t really think that we were supposed to have something like that on the Sabbath day. But we are working with them to slowly change some things around. First we need a counselor in the branch presidency. The 1st hasn’t been here since I have. Haha but we have a good president who listens to what needs to be done. The only problem is he can’t figure it out on his own. But we are doing our best to make things right.

Oh yes!! Today we had a bunch of limbs and grass and leaves that we had been collecting. So we decided to burn them like everyone else. Well the fire got really hot and I singed some hair on my arm and leg. It smells funny. I have no idea why I am writing this but I guess I will let you know the exciting thing that happened today.

We also had a new elder decide that he couldn’t make it and go home. So we had to help a branch missionary to get ready to go and replace him for 5 weeks. We convinced Sister Squires that we needed some dumb bells for the apartment. We paid him for them and the rest of the money was complete for him to finally get his suitcase. So now he is serving in Njagboima branch with Elder Tippets.

Umm.... not much else has happened. Today we hiked up to the river and took a small break. Then I bought some cool flip flops to show off with when I get back.

Other than that nothing really. Just kickin hard still and losing myself in the work.

Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: