Monday, June 9, 2008

June 9: Sick but doing fine

hello bloggers,

this week has been pretty good. we had zone conference and i got to talk with my mission president for a long time. we had a great chat and i am doing well. the topic we were talking about there is repentance. we had a great discussion and it was so nice to interact with the other elders in liberia.

my apartment is considered the celestial kingdom compared to the other apartments here. hopefully i get to stay for a while but only the lord knows when i will go. my companion is a great guy and we get along well.

we have a little arabian shop where they sell a lot of american things and today i went and bought some pringles and a twix bar. it tasted so amazing and then i started to feel sick. so i think that something i ate yesterday is bothering me. i asked my companion and the other 2 elders to give me a blessing and i felt well enough to come to the cafe and email now.

the people here are funny. they all love the white man and my companion gets jealeous sometimes that all the kids that used to play with him all run straight to me now lol. we get a fm ( free meal ) every sunday and usuall once during the week. the people all want to feed me all thier special african dishes and see how i like them. sister appleton is a very kind generous person and feeds us every sunday no matter what. her husband was a great lawyer and she is loaded in african standards. she calls us her sons and is always so nice.

we have been teaching a few investigators and our main focus is on retaining members and keeping people active. the people here will all tell you they promise they are coming to church and then i sit in the back of sacrament meeting and see that only a sparse few are there.

today has been pretty hard on me. i am sick and jenny is pretty much forgetting about me. the only thing i had today was a scripture that my mom gave me in D&C 100. this chapter is so great and it made me feel a lot better. even though my body temperature was 104. i took a very cold shower and layed down all day so i feel somewhat better now.

i have learned so much here. i have read the book of mormon so much everyday and i feel the spirit so strong when i do. i was teaching in sunday school yesterday and i bore my testimony on the prophet Joseph Smith. i thought that i was going to fall down from the spirit touching me so strongly. i know that this is the true church of god and that no one can shake my testimony. no matter what happens i am glad to be out here serving the lord.

thank you for all of the support and prayers. feel free to send an email to
spennylamb@gmail.com. i have plenty of time to read and i might even respond to you. but if not please keep writing and i am doing fine so dont worry.

love
elder lamb

No comments: