Monday, March 2, 2009

Bisseh, cow we ena????

Hey Everyone,
Well I can tell that some of you are learning small krio from this blog so I will add mende this week. boah, - bisseh, cow we ena? - cow we goma. that is hello, - thanks hello, how are you, - tell god thank you.
Just a little lesson for you this week. Maybe I will add timne next week. ha ha
Well no snakes or baptisms this week. Just the same sweet missionary work. I am very excited for a few families that I have been working with. They are doing so well and the spirit is so strong in our lessons. As I was hearing from my missionary friends they were saying how they have few lessons a week. I then realized how lucky I am to teach over 20 every week. I have loved to teach these people. Sometimes it can be very frustrating and hard but the reward is so sweet. I am touching so many lives and I love the work here.
My companion and I are due for another transfer together and the news came Saturday to confirm. We will be there for at least 6 more weeks. Only one other change in our apartment will happen. One Liberian named dolo is replacing another missionary. He is in my mtc and has hated all white people since the first of his mission. It should be interesting so I think that I will be able to master the scriptures more this transfer. I don’t mind since I love to read the scriptures. Speaking of scriptures I will give you my few insights that I had this week.
mosiah 2:22-24 just a nice reminder that we are all nothing and all is gods. We need to be more grateful for the things that we have been blessed with. Even our bodys is gods.
ha ha
mosiah 2:34-41 when we sin we are actually fighting against our heavenly father. the spirit cannot be there and we are doing something very stupid and making our selves have a tougher life.
helaman 5:47 faith is where true peace comes from.
moroni 9:6 labor diligently. we should give our all, all the time
mosiah 4:29-30 for our whole life we are expected to keep our minds clean. I hope you have found a nice scripture to memorize or a good hymn to help you overcome satans thoughts that enter sometimes.
This week we were able to do a zone service project and we went to a school and did some serious labor. It was fun and we enjoyed our time.
One family we have been teaching is called the Gbories, Elizabeth was just baptized and her husband is close. Tey are competing with each other to see who can learn more. It is hilarious to teach them and they both are trying so hard. It is nice for me and they are learning a lot.
They have a game called stone ball that is like dodge ball. Only they have no dodge balls so they rap up some plastic into a ball and there is one in the middle. Yeah well I am the champ so far and have yet to be beaten.
Today we had a zone super pday and we all played a nice game of football. It was fun but my ankle took a nice beating. Thank goodness my mom packed like a million pain killers in my suitcase when I left. ha ha thanks mom I love you!
Well all is well and I will be fine. We did win by the way and I had a great workout for once.
I am glad that my dad got his job back again and I hope he can keep it longer this time. I know the lord is watching over us so all is well and no worries.

love
Elder Lamb

No comments: