Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lesson in Krio, Bull Elks, and mail!!

How di bodi?
Osh ya da cafe done pwel yesterday and I no get chance for write una all. So I deh na ya today for wright um.
Ha-ha interpret that krio mess. Ha-ha
(How are you? Sorry the cafĂ© was down yesterday and I didn’t get a chance to write at all. So I do it today to write some. – He said that this was close)

First I want you to all know I have the best family in the world. I was shocked with 2 more great packages that really made me happy and uplifted. Thank you also for the letters. It is like my grandmas are fighting to see who can write more than the other and I love all the letters. Thank you.

Well the week has been nice. Yesterday we got the cord replaced and the pump fixed so we have lights and water again. It is nice and I am glad I will be able to study at night again. But I still worked on it as much as I could bear this week and found some nice scriptures.
*Alma 22: 15-18 have you surrendered your sins to have the wicked spirit rooted out of you?
*1 timothy 6:7-8
*Alma 24:11 when we repent god will always forgive us and help us forget them
*Alma 24:17 and 19 would you bury all your sins and then rather die than do them again?
*2 Nephi 26:8 we must be steadfast no matter what
*2 Nephi 26:24 everything is for our benefit.

One thing I would like to share is what my mission president talked on. He said young men and women are in the "rut" of their lives. Then he used the bull elk to describe. The elk is a smart animal and not easy to get close to. But during the rut he is crazy. All you have to do is call him in and a small little arrow will take him down. Nothing more than a small shaft of metal. Now he used that for us. We are in the rut of our life. When we are letting those crazy thoughts run our lives then all Satan has to do is call us away slowly then the arrow will eventually get us. Well I have seen it to much here and I know what it means to be called in. So all you young and old people watch out. Satan is working his best to hunt more of gods children.

Well I am sorry if I sounded sad last week. I was. But I am doing better now and I am still giving my all. The work is not easy to cover 4 elders work but we are doing our best and I am happy for a good companion who is there to always help me.

I love all of you and I love your letters too. ;) The work is sweet and I am grateful for my family.
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: