Monday, March 16, 2009

The work is sweet!!

Elder Lamb with Mission President's Vehicle
Hey Everyone,

Well satan did his best and he lost so all is well. This week was rather fun. After our zone conference with Elder Cardon things just went down hill. I dont know why. First our water pump died so we have no water unless we walk like 3 blocks to a well. So I didn’t shower for 3 days. Then the generator motor blew up cause no one but me checks the oil and I wasnt there to do it this week. Then the branches are just falling more and more away and I wont share the details. But overall I am doing great.
My scripture study really lifted me up this week and I am doing fine so no worries. I found some nice ones this week.
Mosiah 25: 24 -- we can only get the spirit when we take the sacrament weekly and repent.
Matthew 15:11 -- how do you explain this to an investigator who brings it up right after your lesson on the word of wisdom? ha ha fun one.elder neil l anderson- "you know enough" faith is not only a feeling, it is a decision.
Alma 32:42-43 -- work hard and reap the benefits.
Alma 37:44-46 -- following Christ is easy when you make the choice to do it.
One story I thought was funny this week was that we were teaching a recent convert the other day. Her sister lives with her and just had a baby. During the lesson the sister was walking by doing something strange. My companion was very distracted and so I looked, she was milking herself into a cup. Ya!! No joke!! She brought the cup over and there was a good amount there. Just a random taste of what africa is like. Haha
Well the work is sweet and I am working very hard. I don’t even know where this crazy week went. It seems like I was just here at the cafe and its already monday again. Well the time must fly when all you have to think about is the gospel and who to teach it to. All is well in the bush and the picture is of my mission presidents vehicle. I forgot to tell my mom so now she knows. Haha
Thanks for the support and keep writing!
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: