Monday, March 23, 2009

Sweet Scriptures for the week

Hello Everyone,
Well I should just get the bad news off of my mind, so here we go. 3 more elders were sent home yesterday for breaking mission rules. My former companion Elder Karnga was one of them. Luckily it was before I met him, but still sad for me at the same time. It’s not easy to let something like that go but I just have to press on and do my best. The grand total is now 10 elders have been sent home. I am saddened to see so many elders go but the lord is watching over us.
Ok - so I got the sadness away. Now for the fun stuff. The generator is fixed now. But the cord melted and we have no more money so we have been in darkness all week and most likely all the coming week. Fun stuff I know. Also the water pump broke again so all our water comes from pulling a bucket out of the deep well. Sweet Salone!!
But I did find some sweet scriptures this week so I will share the good ones this week.
Alma 5, the whole thing. Make sure you are honest and think a good long time about it.
Alma 8:19, best way for an elder to ask for a free dinner ;)
Alma 13:3-4 all priest hood holders were foreordained and must have great faith.
2 Nephi 5 :27 the gospel is true happiness
Jacob 4:8 study as much as you can!
Alma 17:11 you must be an example at all times
Alma 17:29 what chance has the lord given you to show his power through you?
Alma 19:33 our hearts must be changed for doing good to repent.
2 Nephi 10:23 choose today.
Well I think that should be good for this week, I tried to send some photos but the computer is slow today so it’s a maybe. Ha-ha (No pictures – the computer was too slow)
The work is sweet and I am happy to be here and to give my all. It is not easy some days but I never thought it would be so all is well. Thank you for the support and prayers. Maybe you can add my grandma and family along with my strong uncle Wynn. My trials are much smaller than the ones they are faithfully conquering at the time. Thanks for all that you do and keep writing some letters I love to read them.
Love
Elder Lamb

No comments: